Author Topic: July 29 -30 Launch  (Read 1042 times)

Offline mdutch

• BOD
    • View Profile
July 29 -30 Launch
« on: July 14, 2017, 06:35:17 PM »
I'm really looking forward to this Launch. Due to my involvement as BFR Manager at URRF 4 I wasn't able to fly any of the rockets I had planned to there. So I will be doing my best to fly them all in July. Any Idea if the Launch tower will be available to use at least with the 1515 rail on it? A Mega Weasel with a 1515 on it would work, but I would really like to use the tower if possible. Also due to the last minute rain shower on Sunday at URRF 4, two of my Level 3 Certifications had to scrap their effort, both plan to be at the July Launch so other than my flights that I want to do I'll be helping them with theirs too.
No matter what, July should be an interesting launch to be at, looking forward to it. Who is the Launch Director for that launch by the way?
Inquiring minds want to know. :)

7/18 update; I was just contacted by another L3 Cert candidate who was not able to make it to URRF 4. He is also hoping to be at the July launch to try to achieve his L3 Cert. Looks like I'm going to be busy again. At least Larry, our new Prefect, can handle any and all L1 and L2 Certs, see ya all there.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 10:16:44 AM by mdutch »
Mike Dutch
TAP  L3CC
URRG & MRSI Founder
"I just Want to Fly ROCKETS"

Offline Lucasm

• View Profile
Re: July 29 -30 Launch
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 09:54:31 AM »
On the same topic for July Launch, will there be a rail system set up to launch 1010?
Trying to finish a new rocket not sure to use rail buttons or lugs.
Thanks for the help!
Luke

Offline mdutch

• BOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 10:19:19 AM »
Hi Luke, we always have a few 1010 rails set up on the range. What size motor are you planning to fly in your rocket?
Mike Dutch
TAP  L3CC
URRG & MRSI Founder
"I just Want to Fly ROCKETS"

Offline Lucasm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 10:31:08 AM »
Im not sure between f or g,but the rocket is an Estes Scion.It has a 29 mm motor mount
Thanks
Luke

Offline PGagnon

• MRSI
  • URRG L3 MRSI Syracuse rocket club
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 08:08:16 PM »
Use 1010

Paul