Author Topic: Friday September 23rd. Universety of Buffalo  (Read 2040 times)

Offline gregelling

• MRSI
    • View Profile
Friday September 23rd. Universety of Buffalo
« on: September 01, 2016, 10:12:00 PM »
We have been invited to come to the University of Buffalo to promote U.R.R.G. and Rocketry. This is the last day of there space week and there will be professors, students and passably 9 - 12 grade students as well.  plans are still in the makings and I would love to commute with s few members and some big rockets and displays as well.  more information to come as plans made.

Contact Greg Elling if you can come.  607-869-9658.

Offline Larry Weibert

• BOD
    • View Profile
Re: Friday September 23rd. Universety of Buffalo
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 09:12:08 PM »
Hi Greg. it was mentioned that you and a group as well as Dutch were possibly traveling to WNY with rockets and a presentation. I hope to be able to join you. I know that mike is not in a position for the expense of the travel.

My opinion is that no one should be using there own money especially when contributing there time. I think you should come up with a far amount that covers those involved expenses and the club cover it. The amount of time some of you contribute is beyond and the club is financially sound enough to handle things that shouldn't be your personal expense. Just my thoughts but not my money so lets here how you guys want to do things like this. LW
MRSI,TRA,NAR,URRG

Offline gregelling

• MRSI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 09:52:39 PM »
Thank you Larry.
I agree. I would like to see a 25 spot for Gas and tolls in the form of a gas receipt.

Offline Bob Krech

• BOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 12:59:48 PM »
That's a reasonable rembursement considering the distance involved.  Does the club have any PR handouts to distribute?  If not we should make up a downloadable 8.5" x 11" trifold handout that our reps can print it and bring out with them.

A two-sided color printout cost about $0.10 to $0.15 per page when printed out at home.  If a club rep goes on a BOD approved PR mission it would be ok IMO if we allocated $5 for them to printout and bring a couple dozen trifolds.

I would also like to propose the club get 1000 generic business cards for members to handout.  The cards would list our website address and contact info.  This would cost $20 or less from a number of on-line printing companies.

Bob
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 01:04:17 PM by Bob Krech »

Offline les

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 10:53:57 PM »
This makes a neat display

3/16" launch rod - 4 ~ 6' length
launch pad - add weights
straws, hot glue, and a bag of polyfill from Walmart or equivalent
Glue polyfill to straws.  Slide straws onto rod.  Spread balance of polyfill around launch pad.
Stick a light rocket on top

Offline dbmccann

• MRSI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2016, 12:06:00 AM »
I'm for both those ideas.  Club PR should be covered, but we should keep it on a case by case basis, and always have a pre approved amount.

Club cards would also be pretty cool to have to pass out for everyone.   We keep seeing new faces at launches and thats a good thing.

Offline Larry Weibert

• BOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2016, 04:48:47 PM »
I think don has a real nice paper like bob mentioned. I don't have the pdf yet but maybe he can up load it when hes free so we can print some prior to the event.
MRSI,TRA,NAR,URRG

Offline Bob Krech

• BOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2016, 06:40:40 PM »
Check your e-mail for the Tripolitan.  It mentions that TRA has a downloadable trifold on the TRA website.   It might be just what the doctor ordered.

Bob