Author Topic: L1 cert for a Madcow V2 4" kit....  (Read 8677 times)

Offline RickB

• View Profile
Re: L1 cert for a Madcow V2 4" kit....
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2016, 11:52:26 AM »
I can show you the chute folding technique at a launch if you want, its not rocket science... ;)
Rick Barnes

Offline KKressler

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2016, 04:09:51 PM »
I have a question for EXPJawa or anyone can jump in;  8)

Your mentioned idea on mylar streamer for L1 if it is really high up. Well, your idea struck back of my head and had to ask you this, if I put a mylar streamer in a Torrent without ebay and upper payload and change the nose cone to main body and have nomex wadding in first then mylar streamer put in second then added nice chute with chute releaser load in last along with the rocket after mylar streamer open then chute releaser won't open the main chute open at least 500 feet, do you think it will work, eh?? :-[

Sincerely,
Ken Kressler
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 01:51:53 PM by KKressler »

Offline RKeller

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2016, 04:25:00 PM »
yes Ken, that will work. you want to make sure you position everything so it is least likely to get tangled, but many people are using a chute release for cert flights. The mylar streamer will help with tracking, assuming its sunny out.
Riley Keller
URRG
TRA#15415
L1 25 Oct 2014 Estes MDRM CTI H133
L2 25 June 2015 Rocketry Warehouse DYOK, CTI L1030RL 14.7k ft mach 1.57

I'm addicted to building stuff, rockets are just a way to get high

Offline KKressler

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2016, 03:16:54 PM »
Just what I thought, Thanks Keller. Sound like a plan using the chute releaser better than having small chute would be too fast for it come to down and damage the possibility of the fins.
I would have to look for the demension of the chute releaser. And deciding which model would be a good size.

Sincerely,
Ken Kressler