Author Topic: Eggtimer Quark  (Read 811 times)

Offline RKeller

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Eggtimer Quark
« on: February 21, 2016, 07:35:55 PM »
Last year I picked up a little DIY altimeter kit for $20 from eggtimer rocketry. I have built several of their trackers and the standard eggtimer altimeter so I figured I would give this little thing a try. I built it to go into my Wildman Darkstar Mini dual deploy setup, which only has a 4" long 38mm coupler for an e-bay.

you use jumpers to change the deployment altitude and delay. about as easy as it gets. I have a couple flights on this and it performed as expected and beeped out the max altitude after the flight. Nice little altimeter for $20!

I didn't take a bunch of pictures of the build, but here it is all assembled

Here is the little sled for the DS Mini. I used 1/32" G10 fiberglass and aluminum hobby tube for the sled.

on the other side is a tiny 2 cell lipo battery and a modified screw switch from Missile Works.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 08:23:48 PM by RKeller »
Riley Keller
URRG
TRA#15415
L1 25 Oct 2014 Estes MDRM CTI H133
L2 25 June 2015 Rocketry Warehouse DYOK, CTI L1030RL 14.7k ft mach 1.57

I'm addicted to building stuff, rockets are just a way to get high

Offline mdutch

• MRSI
    • View Profile
Re: Eggtimer Quark
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 07:01:55 AM »
Riley,
I love to see the other two photos but I can't get them to come up. I noticed with my XXtreme Blue build thread that I could only place one photo per post. Could that be why the second and third photo are only shown as a small box with an 'X' in it?
Mike Dutch
TAP  L3CC
URRG & MRSI Founder
"I just Want to Fly ROCKETS"