Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Classifieds / For sale. TCLOGGER basic system
« Last post by PGagnon on October 17, 2017, 07:56:44 AM »
I had problems. I replaced the system only to find out that it was not the logger but
outside interference. I have a good extra complete basic system for $225.00.
That's $75.00 off the normal price.
You can check it out at WWW.RIMWORLD.COM.
I also have some extra 4c cable to go with it.

E-mail me ---PGa2266670@aol.com

Paul   8)
Outreach Opportunities / Re: Marion boy scouts
« Last post by Lucasm on October 13, 2017, 06:45:36 AM »
Thank you
Outreach Opportunities / Re: Marion boy scouts
« Last post by PGagnon on October 08, 2017, 09:01:54 PM »
Are you kidding? I think I speak for everyone at URRG. We all would be happy for your
troop to visit!!!

Paul G.   8)
Recovery / Re: Eggtimer Quark
« Last post by RKeller on October 04, 2017, 09:11:34 PM »
Mr. Keller
Have you gotten into the GPS tracking that Eggtimer has shown on their website? I have some cell reception issues at the Potter field and didn't know if that affected the operation of the unit eggtimer is showing. Interested in their eggfinder and the eggfinder mini.
Thanks in advance
Jason Monroe

Yes I have, I have some threads on the tracking board of this forum. The tracker itself does not require cell service. I use the rocket locator app on my android phone and I get good enough service with verizon to download the maps. it will work without maps, you just get a point on a screen without the map image. You can also download portions of the map to your phone so you have them without service.
High Power / Re: 2.6" Darkstar ~ Wildman Rocketry
« Last post by RKeller on October 04, 2017, 09:05:49 PM »
Did the maiden flight last month on a K1103X. Nice and straight to 11,111ft. It got there in a hurry! didn't get a good velocity on the altimeter but it sims to mach 1.65.

Outreach Opportunities / Marion boy scouts
« Last post by Lucasm on September 28, 2017, 06:07:12 PM »
Hello all,
I am part of Marion Boy Scout troop 137.Would it be possible for them to visit at one of the upcoming events,and I am wondering if anyone is BSA certified for the space exploration merit badge?
Recovery / Re: Eggtimer Quark
« Last post by jmonroe on September 26, 2017, 01:28:02 PM »
Mr. Keller
Have you gotten into the GPS tracking that Eggtimer has shown on their website? I have some cell reception issues at the Potter field and didn't know if that affected the operation of the unit eggtimer is showing. Interested in their eggfinder and the eggfinder mini.
Thanks in advance
Jason Monroe
High Power / Re: L3 Wildman Extreme
« Last post by DGBrown on September 14, 2017, 09:40:09 PM »
Looks really good. When are you planning to do your cert flight?
High Power / Re: L3 Wildman Extreme
« Last post by dbmccann on September 14, 2017, 09:27:56 AM »
In primer.

I'm using a 3M sanding sponge to very ver very lightly sand the rough off the primer.

Beginner's Corner / Re: 29mm Body Tube w Dual Deploy?
« Last post by hollowoutadime on September 07, 2017, 02:49:23 PM »
Thank you for the reply RKeller. Good question concerning the tracker. Yes, I was thinking of using one, but I was concerned about room so the Eggfinder mini sounds appealing. Another challenge will be the ejection charge. I picked up a bunch of centrifuge containers that hold up to a gram and a half of FFFG and will be more than large enough. I have used them in the past and they work great. I fire them with a Quest igniter. The whole thing is compact and flexible.

Given the light weight, did you find that there was enough of a difference to justify DD over a streamer and single deployment at apogee?

Jamie
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10