Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Tracking / Re: New Eggfinder Mini GPS Tracker!
« Last post by PGagnon on June 18, 2017, 09:50:29 AM »
Riley

Just read your post. OUTSTANDING!
How about a list of additional parts and where to find them. (Case etc.)

Paul G.
High Power / Re: MAC Performance 54mm Scorpion DD
« Last post by RKeller on June 11, 2017, 10:09:03 PM »
Skip a few steps... Paint and decals from stickershock
« Last post by RKeller on June 11, 2017, 10:01:28 PM »
filled and sanded, retainer is glued on with jb weld.

« Last post by RKeller on June 11, 2017, 09:59:01 PM »
I had a small tail cone printed that will install under the 38mm retainer cap.

I buttered the edges of the fins with Rocketpoxy, stuck them in, pulled them out, added more and stuck them in again. With the Aft ring off I was able to see a good amount of epoxy on the entire edge so I stuck on the aft ring with some leftover rocketpoxy and let it cure. Once cure I did rocketpoxy fillets. The printed ring and motor mount are not glued on yet, just checking fit.

Beginner's Corner / Re: OpenRocket, unexpected results...
« Last post by RKeller on May 28, 2017, 09:09:34 PM »
Open rocket kinda has a hard time with the boat tail on a V2. Where did it place the CP? I've found the V2 CP to be right at the front most point where the fins meet the body tube.
Photo & Video Gallery / Re: URRG 5/20/2017
« Last post by DGBrown on May 28, 2017, 07:42:13 AM »
Here's a video I got off of my 4" R2. I appologize for my horrible video editing skills.
« Last post by mdutch on May 28, 2017, 07:19:26 AM »
Don't you just love it when someone takes the time to figure it out, and then answers their own question? Good for you sir.
« Last post by grub00 on May 27, 2017, 02:49:01 PM »
Yep, 1KG of ballast in the nose cone sent it up to 1800 feet, same motor.
« Last post by grub00 on May 27, 2017, 02:44:02 PM »
Welp...I think I might have the answer to my own question. I looked at the plot and the vertical acceleration looks like a wave function :) I think its because my CoG is too low and the rocket is all wibbley wobbely.
Beginner's Corner / OpenRocket, unexpected results...
« Last post by grub00 on May 27, 2017, 02:40:13 PM »
I've jsut about finished my build I was workign on through the winter (Madcow V2 4"). I'm experimenting with openrocket to see how this thing will fly.  To start with, I copied the motor and chute specs from a forum post where a guy said he had used:
  • CTI Smoky Sam I motor at ~500 N-s impulse in a 38mm adapter
  • 44" SkyAngel parachute

I built a rocket that closely approximates what was in the kit, and put an engine in it with the same impulse... The sim said it flew to an apogee of 165 meters.  The forum post said it went to about 650 meters.  I checked the rocket weight in the sim and its right on what MadCows assembly sheet says it should be (4lbs or 1.8 KG). Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've attached the ork file if anyone wants to take a look.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10