Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Beginner's Corner / Re: L1 Cert Question
« Last post by dbmccann on December 07, 2017, 12:42:25 PM »
Regarding hazmat fees-  Remember almost all aerotech 29mm L1 reloads ship without hazmat fees,  and most Loki 38mm L1 motors are also hazmat free.   
High Power / Re: starting buy level 3
« Last post by PGagnon on November 28, 2017, 09:16:07 PM »
Good Luck.

Paul   8)
High Power / Re: starting buy level 3
« Last post by RHaufman on November 28, 2017, 08:37:27 PM »
Hey Paul.. Thanks so much for the info, and sorry for the slow reply.  I was talking to wildman on the phone and he said the same thing. 
Rich
« Last post by NickG on November 28, 2017, 12:54:18 PM »
Thanks Mike and Rich. I found a cert special at Offwego Rocketry. Got motor hardware free with a reload kit.
I'll be buying future motors from vendors at events to save on hazmat fees.
« Last post by RickB on November 28, 2017, 11:38:04 AM »
Vendors also sometimes have certification specials.  When I did my L1, Ken included the casing when I bought the reload, though I also needed to buy the rear closure in order to use it. 
« Last post by mdutch on November 27, 2017, 09:47:17 PM »
Hi Nick that was a very nice flight you had there too. Just so you know we should have a vendor at our April launch next year ,usually Ken Allen of Performance Hobbies; http://performancehobbies.com/
No matter where you get the motor any rocket vendor will sell the motor you need to get your L1, (an 'H' or an "I'). It's just if you buy from a vendor who will be at the launch he can bring it with him and save you Hazmat fees you would incur with shipping through the mail.
Beginner's Corner / L1 Cert Question
« Last post by NickG on November 27, 2017, 12:24:23 PM »
Hello,

I was at the black Friday launch and really enjoyed it (I was the guy flying the LOC Hi-Tec for the first time).  Thanks to everyone who helped with that.  I got my URRG and Tripoli memberships.

I want to get my L1 cert and was wondering about how to get an L1 motor for the next launch.  Is there paperwork given so I can buy one?  Are there loaner motors as advertised on the website?

thanks,

Nick
Events / Black Friday Launch
« Last post by mdutch on November 23, 2017, 10:14:25 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
I hope all of you are looking forward to attending our Black Friday Launch for the next two days. It looks like the weather is going to cooperate for us, both days will be in the low 50's with Friday being the sunniest day.
I hope to see many of you there.
Dutch
Lost and found / Re: Lost Rocket at URRF 4 This Summer
« Last post by Farside-X on November 22, 2017, 07:33:57 PM »
Thank you Sir. MIke...
Lost and found / Re: Lost Rocket at URRF 4 This Summer
« Last post by RKeller on November 22, 2017, 12:34:53 PM »
Oh man, sorry you lost that! We haven't heard or seen anything yet. If it does show up we'll be sure to let you know!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10