Author Topic: Eggtimer Quark  (Read 1346 times)

Offline RKeller

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Eggtimer Quark
« on: February 21, 2016, 07:35:55 PM »
Last year I picked up a little DIY altimeter kit for $20 from eggtimer rocketry. I have built several of their trackers and the standard eggtimer altimeter so I figured I would give this little thing a try. I built it to go into my Wildman Darkstar Mini dual deploy setup, which only has a 4" long 38mm coupler for an e-bay.

you use jumpers to change the deployment altitude and delay. about as easy as it gets. I have a couple flights on this and it performed as expected and beeped out the max altitude after the flight. Nice little altimeter for $20!

I didn't take a bunch of pictures of the build, but here it is all assembled

Here is the little sled for the DS Mini. I used 1/32" G10 fiberglass and aluminum hobby tube for the sled.

on the other side is a tiny 2 cell lipo battery and a modified screw switch from Missile Works.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 08:23:48 PM by RKeller »
Riley Keller
URRG
TRA#15415
L1 25 Oct 2014 Estes MDRM CTI H133
L2 25 June 2015 Rocketry Warehouse DYOK, CTI L1030RL 14.7k ft mach 1.57

I'm addicted to building stuff, rockets are just a way to get high

Offline mdutch

• MRSI
    • View Profile
Re: Eggtimer Quark
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 07:01:55 AM »
Riley,
I love to see the other two photos but I can't get them to come up. I noticed with my XXtreme Blue build thread that I could only place one photo per post. Could that be why the second and third photo are only shown as a small box with an 'X' in it?
Mike Dutch
TAP  L3CC
URRG & MRSI Founder
"I just Want to Fly ROCKETS"

Offline jmonroe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 01:28:02 PM »
Mr. Keller
Have you gotten into the GPS tracking that Eggtimer has shown on their website? I have some cell reception issues at the Potter field and didn't know if that affected the operation of the unit eggtimer is showing. Interested in their eggfinder and the eggfinder mini.
Thanks in advance
Jason Monroe

Offline RKeller

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 09:11:34 PM »
Mr. Keller
Have you gotten into the GPS tracking that Eggtimer has shown on their website? I have some cell reception issues at the Potter field and didn't know if that affected the operation of the unit eggtimer is showing. Interested in their eggfinder and the eggfinder mini.
Thanks in advance
Jason Monroe

Yes I have, I have some threads on the tracking board of this forum. The tracker itself does not require cell service. I use the rocket locator app on my android phone and I get good enough service with verizon to download the maps. it will work without maps, you just get a point on a screen without the map image. You can also download portions of the map to your phone so you have them without service.
Riley Keller
URRG
TRA#15415
L1 25 Oct 2014 Estes MDRM CTI H133
L2 25 June 2015 Rocketry Warehouse DYOK, CTI L1030RL 14.7k ft mach 1.57

I'm addicted to building stuff, rockets are just a way to get high