Author Topic: starting buy level 3  (Read 91 times)

Offline RHaufman

• View Profile
starting buy level 3
« on: October 31, 2017, 03:04:49 PM »
Howdy folks, its time to start my level 3.  not sure if i had to send official notice to the club.  Im going to build an ultimate wild man and do my cert with a cesaroni 5198 m1101.  big rocket, small engine to get my cert.  ~8000 ft.  after i get my level 3, ill try to tare it apart with the biggest thing i can stuff in it.

Offline mdutch

• MRSI
    • View Profile
Re: starting buy level 3
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 07:43:45 AM »
Hi RHaufman,
Letting the club know about your intent to Certify L3 is appreciated but not needed yet. I will start by asking are you going to cert through the NAR or Tripoli? Either way you do it I have some information to send you. I would also like to know your name so I could add a file in my records for you. Could you send me an email as well so I have a direct way to communicate with you? My email address is mdrocket@rochester.rr.com

I look forward to helping mentor you through you L3 process.
Mike Dutch
Mike Dutch
TAP  L3CC
URRG & MRSI Founder
"I just Want to Fly ROCKETS"

Offline RHaufman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 08:24:42 AM »
Hi Mike, my name is Rich Haufman, i did my NAR level 2 cert with you in april 2016.  I rejoined the club yesterday. Ill send an email with my dress and phone.

Offline PGagnon

• MRSI
  • URRG L3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 07:00:18 PM »
Rich

I gained my L3 on the same rocket. The M-1101 is a longer burning motor and the take off will
be a little slow and may wind cock the rocket. (mine was 55 Lbs on pad). May I suggest  something a little faster?
I used a CTI M-1560 and went 4600'.  Good speed off rail and not too high.

Tim Lear tried an N-5800 and still had no problems. This is a very strong rocket!

Paul   8)

Offline RHaufman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 08:37:27 PM »
Hey Paul.. Thanks so much for the info, and sorry for the slow reply.  I was talking to wildman on the phone and he said the same thing. 
Rich

Offline PGagnon

• MRSI
  • URRG L3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 09:16:07 PM »
Good Luck.

Paul   8)