Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
High Power / Re: Finished my Bigger Bertha
« Last post by mdutch on May 25, 2018, 11:21:58 PM »
Very nice Rick.
High Power / Finished my Bigger Bertha
« Last post by RickB on May 25, 2018, 06:48:36 PM »
I know several people saw my 4" Bertha at the May launch next to my table.  I only had part of the paint work done then.  That is now complete, decaled, and clearcoated:

Photo & Video Gallery / Call for photos from May launch
« Last post by RickB on May 22, 2018, 01:29:47 PM »
I am looking for usable photos from this past weekend's launch to accompany the report in the newsletter.  Most of the pictures I took (with my cell phone) are of pretty poor quality.  If you have a few photos I can use, please post them were I can get to them or email to PotterRocketeer@gmail.com.  Included photos will probably be fairly small in print, so images that show a rocket far away will probably not work.  Thanks!
Events / Volunteers for Niagara Falls airshow
« Last post by RickB on May 22, 2018, 08:37:10 AM »
I am still looking for a few volunteers for the Thunder of Niagara airshow in June.  URRG will have a display at the airshow as part of a STEM exhibit.  Airshow info here: https://thunderofniagara.com/

The STEM expo is actually three days - the 8th, 9th & 10th.  Attached are documents provided by the airshow liaison person giving more info.  However, exhibitors need to fill out the attached Word document, which needs to be submitted in advance so that exhibitor passes can be provided.  Please fill out and get back to me by next Tuesday, the 29th.  I will pass them on to the liaison.  You can email them to me at PotterRocketeer@gmail.com.

Thanks
Classifieds / 3 Grain Pro-98 case
« Last post by PGagnon on April 07, 2018, 06:52:49 PM »
For sale
CTI Pro 98 3 grain case with a one grain spacer and a L-610 reload.
used 3 times. Motor is complete. List $778.00. Sell $480.00.

PGagnon

I will delete this post when sold.

E-Mail PGa2266670@aol.com
Events / Re: General Membership meetings
« Last post by RickB on February 27, 2018, 08:10:05 AM »
The first meeting had 17 attendees.  Most were either URRG BOD or from RIT, though there were a couple of regular club members as well. 

Events / General Membership meetings
« Last post by RickB on February 21, 2018, 06:48:09 PM »
As a reminder, there are general membership winter meetings scheduled for 2/22 and 3/22/18.  Possibly for 4/26 as well, if attendance is good.  Meetings are at RIT in the Galisano Building.  From Mike Dutch:

This will be your chance see how the club is doing and see what is in the future of the URRG. The meeting will finish up with a show and tell from the members. So bring your latest rocketry projects and we will see you then.

Here are directions with maps include;

The meeting will be held in the Golisano Building (#70 on RIT campus maps) so park in the J lot. Enter the building from the J lot side (you must walk around another building to get to the entrance) through the large set of doors. Turn hard right in the lobby and go through the double doors on the right (by a small snack bar). The room is immediately on your right. Room #70-1103

Interactive RIT Campus Map; https://maps.rit.edu/
Google Maps; https://www.google.com/maps/@43.0692109,-77.6789309,14z?hl=en&authuser=0

Beginner's Corner / Re: L1 Cert Question
« Last post by dbmccann on December 07, 2017, 12:42:25 PM »
Regarding hazmat fees-  Remember almost all aerotech 29mm L1 reloads ship without hazmat fees,  and most Loki 38mm L1 motors are also hazmat free.   
High Power / Re: starting buy level 3
« Last post by PGagnon on November 28, 2017, 09:16:07 PM »
Good Luck.

Paul   8)
High Power / Re: starting buy level 3
« Last post by RHaufman on November 28, 2017, 08:37:27 PM »
Hey Paul.. Thanks so much for the info, and sorry for the slow reply.  I was talking to wildman on the phone and he said the same thing. 
Rich
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10