Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Beginner's Corner / Re: Interested in HPR and L1 certification in April 2018
« Last post by PGagnon on November 02, 2018, 06:49:22 PM »
 Tripoli allows for EX motors and NAR does not. Really not much other than that.
If you plan to do the science and make your own motors then go to Tripoli.

I'm sure Mike Dutch would be more than happy to help you thru L1.

Paul   8)
Beginner's Corner / Interested in HPR and L1 certification in April 2018
« Last post by Craig P on October 18, 2018, 01:21:18 AM »
Hello all! I'm new to the area (Pennsylvania actually) and have been searching for a rocketry club where I can get into high-power rockets. I modeled Estes variety throughout my childhood and now with my young daughter. We've been launching B through G now at a local soccer complex and I'm planning a dual deploy mid-power that could fly L1 motors too. I'd love to become a member and visit your club in the spring, hopefully for L1 certification. Should I join NAR or Tripoli? I see your club has both affiliations but thought I'd ask the folks I'd be hopefully flying with before I picked. Thanks for your help! Craig
Events / Re: General Membership meetings
« Last post by gregelling on August 10, 2018, 11:07:50 AM »
the next general membership meeting will be in December. stay tuned for more information.
Outreach Opportunities / Gorham Library report.
« Last post by gregelling on August 02, 2018, 09:01:30 PM »
Gorham Library show and tell

On Tuesday July 17th the Upstate research rocketry group was the host display for the Gorham Library summer program. The display was from 6:00pm 7:45pm. This included a tracker display and about 30 rockets of different shapes and sizes. Riley Keller, DonnaJo Elling and Greg Elling also had a discussion about how to make the perfect epoxy fillet on a fiberglass rocket. Although attendance was low at the library it gave us time to get together and learn from each other.
Events / Re: July 28-29 Launch
« Last post by mdutch on July 27, 2018, 10:48:17 PM »
Just show up Matt, we'll help you any way we can. Don't worry about the weather, it will be there and so will we.

Dutch
Events / July 28-29 Launch
« Last post by NorthwoodsRockets on July 27, 2018, 05:52:06 PM »
Hi Folks,
I've got a few questions for this weekend's launch:
My forecast is calling for 40% chance of showers on Saturday. Is it safe to assume that we are going ahead with the launch both days?
I have two Eggfinders - one on frequency 923.1 and the other on 923.7. Are these O.K., or do I need to change one or both?
Can someone (I think any NAR member) witness my model rocket flight and sign my NAR Teacher Certification (NarTCert) Flight Form?
Hoping to see you soon,
Matt
Introductions / Re: Hi URRG members!
« Last post by mdutch on July 26, 2018, 03:25:55 PM »
Hi Ted, I remember you from before, good to see you back again. Looking forward to seeing you out at the launches again.
Mike Dutch
Introductions / Hi URRG members!
« Last post by Ted Becker on July 22, 2018, 08:33:33 PM »
I flew at the Potter field around 2004 when a group started flying there. I think Mike Dutch set it up for us, I could be wrong it's been a lot of years.
I got started in rocketry in 1987 when my son was given a starter kit. We must have flown that rocket a couple dozen times before we started building more rockets. I got out of the hobby when I moved to Rochester, NY in 1991. I found the MARS club in the late 1990's. I got out of the hobby again in 2007 when I moved back to Kansas and have just gotten back in this year. Being older and fatter it's a lot harder walking down the drifters.
Have fun flying!
High Power / Re: Started my next project - 1/22 scale Saturn IB
« Last post by David Carter on June 24, 2018, 11:19:21 PM »
Some of you got to see this fly last November, although not without issues. I then had to put it on hold as my plan was to move to Australia for a few years. Well, apparently I'm too old to move to Australia, and can't get the required work visa. It looks like I'll be back either next month or early October.

That means I can finish this build in time for the Apollo 11 anniversary! Plans for repairs and upgrades are already underway.

In the meantime, I've started a video series to document this build. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4xGgMHU40BHQAXmDcR9IuA
High Power / Re: Finished my Bigger Bertha
« Last post by RKeller on May 30, 2018, 09:41:31 AM »
Love it!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10